The Exerpeutic 1200 Folding Magnetic Upright Bike With Pulse is the number one bestselling upright exercise bike on Amazon. It has a massive 1389 customer reviews with a 4.4 out of 5 star rating. Being so popular it definitely has a place in my upright exercise bike reviews. But just having lots of buyers doesn’t necessarily mean its the best upright exercise bike. I wanted to find out what was good about it and what wasn’t so good because no product is perfect.
Exerpeutic 1200 Upright Bike Video
The video below gives a pretty good idea about all the features the Exerpeutic upright bike has to offer. You will see that it is a pretty convincing video too.
- Fold-up design helps save space when you’re not using it
- Eight levels of tension resistance
- Large seat makes it easy to get on or off
- High torque crank system provides you smooth pedaling action
- Hand pulse heart rate monitor
- Computer lets you monitor heart rate, distance,calories burned,time and speed
- Large pedal design with safety strap prevents feet from slipping
- Some assembly is required
- Dimensions: 31”L x 19”W x 46”H
- Weight Capacity: Up to 300 lbs
Exerpeutic 1200 Folding Magnetic Upright Bike is very quiet so you can listen to music or watch TV while you workout and there’s even a spot to hold your remote. Another nice feature is the built in wheels that make it easy to move for storage.
Who Is The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike With Pulse For?
The Exerpeutic Bike is great for anyone who wants to exercise. It is a much better choice than a treadmill for cardio too. That is because it works your leg muscles and you can add resistance and actually do your cardio and get a leg workout at the same time. You will burn more calories than you would using a treadmill. It is low impact and perfect for folks with ankle or foot problems. An upright exercise bike can actually strengthen your knees and can help people with knee problems.
I follow the Old School New Body exercise plan by Steve And Becky Holman and they actually recommend avoiding treadmills entirely and using an upright exercise bike instead.
Treadmills can actually make you age faster and are really not good for losing weight or adding any muscle. Although they offer lower impact than running they can still cause problems.
Exercise bikes are used for exercise, to increase general fitness, and for training for cycle events. The exercise bike has long been used for physical therapy because of the low-impact, safe, and effective cardiovascular exercise it provides. The low-impact movement involved in operating an exercise bike does not put much stress on joints and does not involve sporadic motions that some other fitness equipment may require. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stationary_bicycle
If you are a senior and want to exercise an upright stationary bike like the Exerpeutic 1200 Folding Magnetic Upright Bike is definitely the best choice you can make. You will be less likely to get injured and upright exercise bikes cost less than treadmills too.
The Exerpeutic space saver magnetic upright exercise bike is perfect for people who live in condos or apartments with limited space. You can roll it out when you are ready to exercise and store it away when you’re done
Exerpeutic Upright Bike Pros:
- People who buy the Exerpeutic 1200 say it is very easy to assemble which is great.
- The large seat will accommodate people of all shapes and sizes
- Can support people weighing up to 300 pounds
- Great price
Exerpeutic Folding Bike Cons:
- The Exerpeutic Bike only has a 1 year warranty. I actually really had to search around to find this out.
- Even though the Exerpeutic 1200 can support up to 300 pounds its construction is fairly light. Serious fitness buffs may want to consider a heavier duty exercise bike.
- Some users say the seat is too big.
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike Review – Summing Up
The Exerpeutic 1200 Folding Magnetic Upright Bike provides a good product at a very attractive price and is a good value for the money. The construction is good quality, and you can get a good workout on this exercise bike too, but it is definitely not built to last a lifetime. It is definitely not the best upright exercise bike you can buy but for most people it will be more than adequate. Serious trainers will probably want to consider upgrading to a Schwinn 170 or similar model.